
Today I received a call from my financial aid lady at MATC saying that I needed to come in and pick up a check for the remaining balance from my grant that I got for dental assisting school. I thought "Ok cool, it will probably be like $50" because I was told when I received my grant that it would pay for all the my program and I would have a small remaining balance. So off I went to MATC to pick up my check.
When I got there, little to my surprise, there was TWO checks waiting for me. I was confused and so was the financial aid lady because there usually isn't two checks for one person. So, she got up and went and talked to the lady that called me to see if this was true. Low and behold it was! The extra check was because they had drawn my name out of hat with 13 other people and only 3 people got extra money and I was one of them! Tears started to fill my eyes when the lady told me this and I wanted to jump up and hug her but thinking that would be inappropriate I let out a "YES!" really loud for all to hear (also inappropriate but I wasn't thinking by this time).
When I walked out the school the tears started to flow like a waterfall because Griffin and I really need this money. With me being laid off and focusing on school, we have been struggling with money. It just shows me how much the Lord really is looking out for us and knows our situations perfectly. I cannot put into words how grateful I am to know that if you just put faith in the Lord and do what He asks, everything will work out, it always does. I am grateful for this day and the lesson that I have learned about the tender mercies of the Lord.
What a neat experience Kate! It shows that the Lord really does know each of our needs and He loves us so much. Thanks for sharing and congratulations! I never get my name drawn for anything haha.
ReplyDeleteI love your blog! Ah, I am so glad I found it. Sounds like things are going well for you two. That is the best when extra money happens- such a blessing!
ReplyDelete