Saturday, December 3, 2011

Kate's Birthday Weekend

This year my birthday landed on a Friday. Even though I worked most of the day, the periodontist office I work with made it so special with cinnamon rolls for breakfast, dickey's bbq for lunch and presents!

After work I came home to Griffin so cutely standing in our kitchen with flowers, chocolate and my present on the table. He then informed me that we were staying at a hotel that night and to pack and get ready to go.

We met up with my sister and her family at Pei Wei in Sandy. It was such a fun dinner and my sister was kind enough to get a cake and bring it to the restaurant. It was a beautiful poinsettia cake with raspberry filling and was so good!

Next stop was H&M in Murray. I had wanted to go to the store since it opened and thought my birthday would be a great time to stop! The store was huge and fun! I got some fun accessories for my hair and purse.

Then it was off to Hyatt Place to spend the night! The hotel was so beautiful and we loved the king size bed and huge couch! It was a great surprise at the end of a great birthday!

Saturday morning we woke up and went to get breakfast at the continental breakfast. It was a delicious assortment of foods and one of the best breakfasts' I've seen at a hotel. We then went back to the room and watched a show in the nice big bed. Then we headed home to host a Sunday School Christmas party at our house.

Saturday night we headed to Red Lobster for dinner just us so I could get my all time favorite dish, snow crab! It was 1 pound of awesomeness and I couldn't get enough of it. Griffin said he had never seen me attack something as much as I had attacked the crab. We also had a fun pina colada drink and took a warm apple crisp cake home for dessert.

My birthday weekend was one of best I have had yet and it is all thanks to my wonderful husband, family, friends and co-workers. I am so very blessed for the people I have in my life and I hope year 23 will be a good one!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet husband! That really does sound like the best birthday! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you had a good birthday. It makes me proud to think that Griffin arranged all of that. You are certainly worth everything that went into this!

    ReplyDelete