This year we spent Christmas in Oregon with Griffin's family!
Christmas day Griffin and I got up with the family at 8am and let Ava sleep in a little bit longer. We all waited patiently on the stairs to take a picture until finally we could go into the living room. It was fun to see Cooper, Jonas, and Irish open their stockings and presents and before we knew it, Ava was up! Griffin and I were so excited to get her and show her what Santa had brought. She was so good at opening the presents and most of the time thought the wrapping paper was her present! We got her a little play saucer thing that has entertainment all 360 degrees around you! She was so good when she was put in it for the first time. She played with everything equally and then realized she wanted a nap.
Not long after Ava woke up from her nap and ate, we all went on a Christmas walk! We bundled up Ava and went on a walk to a nearby park and then to a pond with ducks! Ava was so good the whole time and really seemed to love being outside. The fresh air really made her tired and went down for a nap shortly after we got home!
Ava finally came into her own after her late afternoon nap and all the kids were asleep. She was laughing and smiling at everyone so of course everyone wanted a turn to hold her! She was such a good sport.
My Mom reminded me this Christmas about how when I was a little girl all I wanted for Christmas was a baby doll. Even well into my teens I wanted a doll and even one year got a doll that looked and felt just like a real baby. I have to say, the best gift I received this year was this real life baby doll in my arms. She has given me so much joy, happiness and has made me feel closer to my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ by just being in her presence.



No comments:
Post a Comment