We went to Las Vegas for our one year anniversary! We left Friday, the 6th, and the car ride was going great with our cold drinks in our cooler, chips and cookies at our side and then the car overheated! We pulled off to the side quickly and Griff popped the hood to see this…
Luckily we were 30 miles out of Cedar City where Ian, Griff’s cousin, lived who also happened to be a mechanic and work at an auto parts store. After a few calls and talking to a nice guy who pulled over, an hour later we were picked up by a truck and put good ole Burt on a trailer and pulled it into town where we dropped it off at a tire store to get fixed the next morning.
We stayed at Grandma Winterrose’s home that night and got Burt into the shop early Saturday morning. Finally at 1pm we were back on the road heading to Viva Las Vegas!

We got there just in time for check in at our beautiful hotel, South Point. It was a nice hotel just a couple of miles away from the strip and had a Steak N’ Shake built inside! Once I saw this, I knew we were in the right place!
We settled into our hotel, ate at Steak N’ Shake and then got ready to go out and see the sights on the strip! We drove down the strip and parked at Caesar’s Palace where we would walk around the forum shops until it was time to go the Jeff Dunham show!
The Jeff Dunham show was HILARIOUS! Griffin and I laughed so hard and I was literally crying! After about an hour into the show we were exhausted from laughing so hard!

We then went off to see the Fountains at the Bellagio and see the night lights. We were exhausted from all the laughing and walking so we made our way back to our hotel.

Sunday morning, our Anniversary, we had planned to sit by the pool all morning but we woke up to this!
The pool was CLOSED! Yes, closed and for no good reason! We were so upset so we decided to take our time getting ready and we went and had some BLT’s at our hotel deli. Then we got in our car to see the rest of the sights on the strip.

The most beautiful sight on the strip was the conservatory at the Bellagio hotel. It smelled amazing and was all done up for spring. I loved it!

After all we walked that day, my legs literally couldn’t walk anymore and I barely made it back to the car and then walked like I was pregnant to our hotel room. After a nap, we got ready to go out for a lovely Anniversary dinner at a French restaurant in our hotel on my wonderful parents. I had lobster which was AMAZING and it was fun just talking about our past and our future.

After dinner, we changed and went to the movie theatre in our hotel and saw “Something Borrowed” and then headed to bed.
Monday morning we headed to IHOP for breakfast and then took the long 6 hour drive home.
This trip to Vegas made me realize 3 things.
- How much I love the love Griffin and I am in. I NEVER thought a marriage could be this good. I fall more in love with Griffin everyday and I can’t believe how lucky I am to have found him. I can wait to celebrate many more anniversaries with him and can’t wait to see what the future brings for us.
- How much I love the Gospel and the peace and happiness it brings to me. As we were walking the strip and men were pushing hooker cards on us, especially Griffin, I kept thinking to myself how grateful I am to know the truth and to know the real reason why we are here. I would look at the people surrounding us and think to myself, if only they knew the truth they wouldn't be exploiting themselves the way they were.
- I realized how much Griffin and I really are looked after. We could have broken down in the middle of the desert but we didn't. If the car was to break down at any point, where we did would be the best place. We were so lucky to be nearby family that was so willing to help us. Thanks to all who helped us, we are beyond grateful! But most of all, we are grateful to our Heavenly Father for looking after us while we were traveling.


LOVE! Thanks for all the fun details and pictures. It looked like a blast! You guys are so darn cute, love you!
ReplyDelete