Sunday, October 2, 2011

Griffin's 25th Birthday

We celebrated Griffin's 25th today!
We started the day watching conference and eating pecan pull a-parts.
After eating, Griffin couldn't wait to open his presents so we did just that! All he really wanted for his birthday was church socks but I wouldn't have that since I grew up with my father only wanting socks for his birthday. So, along with church socks, he got X-man, First Class, and some Enya cd's.
After watching conference, Griffin listened to his Enya cd's and slowly drifted into a Sunday nap until the next session of conference started.

After conference ended, we ate a delicious birthday dinner! I made cheesy tater tot casserole which was perfect for Griffin because he loves cheese! That, topped with a good Pepsi, was a great birthday feast indeed!
Later that night, Shay and his family came over to celebrate with us! Griffin wanted pretzel salad instead of cake and it was fun to mix things up.

Griffin's birthday was a great day spent at home watching conference and just enjoying the company of each other. We commented a lot today that all we really needed was each other to have a great day and I love that our relationship is just that.

Happy Birthday Boo Boo!

3 comments:

  1. Kate,

    I love your cute blog. I don't know if you are invited to mine, I don't think so. If you would like an invite let me know. It's private, we don't want stalkers (like me) ha ha.
    You're so cute and I am glad Griffin had a good birthday. Hope all is going well for the both of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. my email address is nataliewillmore@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate! My dad only ever wanted socks for his birthday too. Haha, must be a dad thing. Hope everything is going well for you guys!

    ReplyDelete