Sunday, January 29, 2012

Kate's Trip to Florida

I was lucky enough to go to Florida this past week to spend time with friends and family. It was a fun filled week of doing everything on my bucket list of the things I have missed in Florida.


On Monday I spent the afternoon with my mom’s v-pre k class and it was a fun, crazy time with those 3 year olds! My mom is such a wonderful teacher and I loved seeing her in action. Apparently, I had an impact on the little ones because they have asked for me every day since then and referring me to my mom’s sister! That night we went to Moe’s with one of my good friends, Kathy Lopez and her husband and then went over to Barnes and Noble to look at magazines and books.

Tuesday was a daddy daughter day at the beach! My dad took the day off and took me to the St. Pete beach and an incredible sea shell store. We had a lot of fun talking, basking in the sun, eating BLT’s with no shoes, and seeing dolphins jumping in the distance. It truly was an incredible day with beautiful weather and company.

Wednesday I spent the morning running errands and then headed to Whitney’s house in Clermont when my parents got off work. Her house was so beautiful and I couldn't believe that they had a house and where they are in their lives. Whitney seems so happy there and Jack loves his “yellow house.”

Thursday we spent the day eating Panera bread, going to Wal-mart and hanging out at the house. We got the dune buggie out and went for a ride and played with Jack’s toys. It was so fun just to have a chill day at Whitney’s and have girl time and watch the shows we used to watch when we lived together. I am so happy for the Balls family and their normal life they have fought so hard for.

Friday we spent the day at my favorite place, Seaworld! It was a little rainy but we were so excited to be there and to be together that we barely noticed. I don’t know how many times I cried while watching the dolphin and Shamu show and being surrounded by my best friends.

Saturday my parents and I had lunch with my Grandad! We met him at Ellenton at Ruby Tuesday. We had a great time catching up and telling stories. We then headed to Ann Taylor to help my mama find some clothes because I am her “fashion consultant”, so she says. We headed back to get my dad to Stake Conference and then headed over to a nearby mall for more shopping. Then that night we headed to the adult session of Stake Conference and listened to some great talks. My dad spoke and had a very touching message concerning the fact that we should find joy in our religion and stick up for it.

Then sadly at 5am Sunday morning I headed back to Utah. It was a bittersweet goodbye since I hate being away from my family but I was so excited to see Griffin because I had missed him terribly as I was away.

I am so grateful for a wonderful family who drops anything for me and who is so selfless. I am truly blessed for a great family and parents and I don’t know what I would do without them. After returning from the trip I feel rejuvenated and ready to get back to reality!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like such a wonderful trip! I am glad you had such a great time. Love you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we loved having you here, just wish it was a bit longer!

    ReplyDelete