Monday, July 19, 2010

Our Saturday in Logan


Early Saturday morning, Griffin and I headed to Logan for Jess's Reception. I was emotional the entire way thinking that one of my best friends just got married. I remember sitting on my front porch of my house in Logan, with her and talking about what we wanted in a husband and in a wedding. I can't believe how much has happened these last few years and how much we have grown. I am beyond happy for her and can't wait to see what the future holds for Jess and Austin. They had a beautiful reception at Jess’s parents house and they both looked so happy and in love.

While there, I was also able to catch up with some of the guys that I grew up with. It was a little surreal to see where all our lives have taken us. Some of us are married, have children, just got home from a mission, or traveled the world. I felt at home standing in the circle with the guys that I spent my childhood with. I could kick myself for not getting a picture with all of them but I was happy to meet up with them again.

After the reception, I wanted to drive around Logan and show my hometown to Griffin. It was nice to drive around and relive my memories there but at the same time I am glad where I am right now in my life and wouldn't change a thing.

I have always loved the beautiful church that I grew up in. I had always dreamed of taking a picture on the stairs with my husband but I moved away long before I got married. Now that I am married I was so excited to get a picture with my husband, Griffin, on the stairs. My dream had come true at last!


Our Saturday in Logan was a fun one and I will forever remember that day when I had a blast from the past.

3 comments:

  1. BEautiful! It looks like Jess's dress was VERY pretty. You and GRIFFIN (spelled right) look cute too. Wish there were more pictures though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl. It was awesome seeing you. Next time you're in town, let us know, fur reals. We'll do the same the next time we're down there. Promise. -Charlie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess looks so happy!
    Hooray for her!
    Kate, I love that you took Griffin on a walk down memory lane, I dream of doing that with my own husband!
    FYI: Your hair looks gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete