Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Oscar Brutus Brenchley


Rest in peace Oscar Brutus Brenchley. He was with our Brenchley family from May 8, 1999- August 3, 2010.

My mom fell in love with his face when she saw him at "Noah's Pets" pet store while waiting to get crickets for her frog. She couldn't stop talking about him so one day we all went to the pet store to see that cute face. We all instantly fell in love with him. Oscar and his sister played while we decided what we were going to do. We went home to figure out what to do. I remember trying my hardest to get my dad to get the dog. I talked to my mom and she came up with this idea to get Oscar for mother's day as it was the next day. So with all the convincing ideas I could think of, I went to my dad and begged to get the puppy especially since it was mother's day the next day. He finally broke and we went to the pet store and got him and brought him home. Cami named him and we just watched him run lopsided around the yard, thinking that this was the best day yet.

I soon found out that my 6th grade cluster teacher was his breeder since he asked about the picture of the dog that was on my binder, thinking it was one of the dogs he had bred. He said that he was always first to the food, sometimes even pushing his brothers and sisters out of the way to the food. He was the cutest puppy but had a bigger bottom then most dogs and continued to have it throughout his life.

Throughout Oscar's life he loved food, treats, being scratched, walks, running around the pool when we were in it, chasing cats, presents, toys, the kitchen tile, working in the yard with Dad and just being with his family. He hated confrontation and sadness and was always away when those things were happening.

I have many memories with Oscar as he was the dog I grew up with. We would play hide n seek and he would always bark so loud when he found me. We would play on your mark, and we would run up the stairs of our Logan house, I would jump in my bed and he would lightly bite me with excitement. We would play in the snow and he would get snow bunnies all over, especially on his legs and then he would sit by the fire and melt them all off. On our way to Florida, I was in the backseat with Oscar. It was such a long trip but Oscar was a trooper. My lap may have been wet with drool but it was nice to have a companion right along side me when I was making a big move in my life. He was there the many lonely days I had when we first moved to Florida and was my constant companion who was always happy to be with me. But my favorite memory of Oscar that I will always remember was when I would come home. No matter what day I had, I knew that Oscar would be there with his smiley face and his tail waggling at the door so happy to see me. That unconditional love was shown with everything he did. He was my best friend and always there when I needed someone to talk to.

Oscar will forever be loved and missed by the Brenchley family as he truly was a member of our family. Thank you Oscar for all you have done for us and for being the best dog we could have ever asked for. You will be sorely missed but may God be with you till we meet again.

6 comments:

  1. This made me cry. I love the ending, it is so true. Love you kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post. Oscar was the best! So sad but I find comfort that he is out of pain. Going to mom and dad's just wont be the same. Love you Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I'm sorry Kate. Hang in there. I know how much of a best friend a dog can be. XOXO. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Oscar.
    Not only will he be missed by your family, but I will miss him also!
    He really was just an amazingly sweet, chunky, lovable dog!
    I am glad to hear he isn't in pain anymore, but I'm so sorry for you Kate.
    I will send some prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've found you and I can't wait to keep in touch! Congrats you two love birds! You both are FABULOUS!!! So good to see you Kate!

    ReplyDelete