
Griffin turned 24 yesterday, October 2nd! We started celebrating the night before by going out to dinner at a Chinese restaurant. We had a really good dinner and enjoyed just having a meal together after having a long week of work and school. We especially loved going out to dinner because we knew it was the beginning of a great birthday weekend.
On the morning of Griffin’s birthday, I let him play Starcraft as I went and made him breakfast. We had pancakes, muffins, fruit, and a strawberry drink. In between breakfast I decorated the kitchen table and put up a birthday banner to surprise Griffin even more when he came into the kitchen to eat breakfast.
As we were finishing breakfast, we turned on General Conference and listened to it until we were done eating. Griffin’s birthday has always seemed to land on General Conference so it was fun to do something together on his birthday that he has been doing since he was young. After the Saturday morning session, we headed out to go birthday shopping! We went to Ross and got Griffin some new shoes. Then Griffin wanted to go to Best Buy because he loves to look at the movies. We got some speakers for our new computer and got excited to plug them into our computer and watch 24! Our last stop was Wal-Mart to get Iron Man 2. Iron man seemed to be the birthday theme since he wanted the movie and the day before I got him Iron man 2 birthday plates and napkins. After shopping we headed home to listen to the afternoon session of General Conference. After conference, Griffin’s family came over to have cake. I got Griffin a caramel cake because he loves caramel ice cream and it wasn’t such a bad cake from Wal-mart! Griffin then went to the Priesthood session with his brother and I was left home to miss him and wait till he got home to finish celebrating his birthday. The rest of night was spent watching Iron Man 2 and reminiscing about all the people that called that day and how loved Griffin felt.
It was a wonderful day full of birthday calls, yummy breakfast, funny cards, presents, wonderful words from the Prophet and apostles, and most of all, LOVE! I can’t wait for all the many more birthdays we will share together and I can’t wait to celebrate my birthday as the first birthday together as a married couple!
haha you guys are so cute, yay for Griffin!
ReplyDelete